Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Torii Quick Test Flight

[This test flight was done on Friday 20-Jun-2009]



Assalamu'alaikum,



I had conducted a quick test flight to confirm if the clutch is ok and Torii still able to fly with the existing clutch.

I was about 6pm Friday.





I prepared for the test flight as usual. I was pretty confident that it will be able to fly. I have tighten the screws, the gears and clutch should be engaged properly. Also I have adjusted the swash plate to ensure it is level - manually using my eyes.



I was able to start the engine without any problem. Incresed the throttle slowly while checking the control response. All are ok. Lifted off and bring it to hover at about 1.5 m hights. Checking the control response again. Everything is ok. I need to adjust the trims to make it hover easily. It need trim backward and to the right quite a bit.



Testing Torii doing climb revealed that the tail did not stay in the same direction. Sudden increase in throttle and blade pitch for the climb will make the tail drift to the right. I suspect this is due to low headspeed which resulted from to much of main blade pitch value. Tested this few times, found the behave consistently as mentioned.



I did a number 8 flight before taxi it to the trees area. Landed safely. Alhamdulillah.




Conclusion: Clutch and gears seems to be ok. Need to observe in more aggressive flights.



::truemax

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP