Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Night Flying

5 Dec 2008 Friday


This is my first time trying night flying with TR3707.
I have been looking for a good place for me to fly at night near to my house.

This weekend I will be taking long 8 hours or more journey to my home town in Kelantan for Hari Raya Aidiladha holiday, will only be back to Selangor on Wednesday. So before I leave my Raven alone, I need to fly it!

From Remote Control Helicopter - My Journey


I decided that my ragular place is best place, while it is very near to my house, it also should have enough lighting which come from big spotlight provided by telco company for the nearby Surau BaitulrRahman.

At 2200, I brought all the equipment. Filled up the tank and started the engine and fly it.

From Remote Control Helicopter - My Journey


Here are the quick summary:
  1. Filled up the tank, quite hard to see the fuel level since it was actually quite dark.
  2. Started the engined without any problem. Looks like the glow heater is quite loose, need to ensure that it plugged properly to the glow plug extender.
  3. Started the engine, took off to hover. The head speed seems to be much faster now with the Funky blade compared to previously used Wooden Blade. This blade is much thinner, that could be the reason for the higher heads peed. I adjusted the throttle curve a bit, but found that I can't get better than what I already have.
  4. I can't really see the bladed when it is rotating, so I don't dare to fly higher than the heights of my. Probably if I put some florescent stickers I will be able to see the rotating blades... yes probably.
  5. After a few hover and touch down, suddenly the engine died when I just about to take off again. Looks like the tank is already empty!! I was not able to see the fuel level while hovering or even when I landed. This is very risky to continue to fly. I'll need to find a brighter place if I am going to fly at night some more.
From Remote Control Helicopter - My Journey


At about 2300, finished the flying session. Next flying session will be on Wednesday night (?) or Thursday (11-Dec) morning.

2 comments:

RCHeli.DK December 9, 2008 at 2:34 AM  

Hi again :)

Nice site you got here, i like it.

Keep up the good work, i will add you link to my site http://blog.rcheli.dk

Get the night blades they are very cool :) http://blog.rcheli.dk/2008/09/07/amazing-night-blades-at-mhm/

truemax December 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

Thank you very much .. the night blades looks super!!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP