Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Engine Testing Continued


Sunday morning, about 10.am. I need to troubleshoot and test the engine. It was not stable, died suddenly while running / hovering.

Reached PHAF Field 2, lots of other fliers already around.

I started the Remote Control Helicopter Century Raven TR3703 engine. The engine started easily, no problem at all. I brought the chopper to the take off spot, started doing the ground flight check, all controls and engine response ok. Everything is ok!

From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009


Then I started to takeoff and hover. Yes, it can hover ok just like yesterday, keeping the heights below 2 feet. After few minutes, suddenly the engined died! I already prepared for that, slowly let it settle down on the ground.

hmm.. it still happening. From a friend flyer, he was suggesting to tune the engine richer, that is, the engine died could be due to engine to rich and fuel has build up inside the engine resulting hydrolock.

I took some time to watch and snap some photos of other filyers with their aircraft.

From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009

From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009

From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009

From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009


Then I decided to give that a try, tune the engine richer than started the engine again. Tuning the engine is very tricky, I may need some time to get it right. I need to remind my self to be patient.

Ok, again, the engine easily can be started. I take off and put in hover again. Still keeping below 2 feet, until the fuel finished, the engine is till ok!! Good!!


Looks like that is true, the engine died was due to engine too rich. Need to confirm this again in next session.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP