Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Opened up the engine!

Before deciding to get a new fresh engine, I should open up the engine to see what problem it has inside, there is still probability that only few parts need to be replaced.

At about 1330, I started to take out the engine from the frame, and opened it up. Here are how they looks like. (Click at any of the photo to zoom further to its maximum resolution).






From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009


The back bearing, visually looks fine, but rolling while holding with my finger I can feel the rattle.

From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009




From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009


Piston from my original engine.. (in fact all internal parts are from my original engine)
It is a bit dented and chirp at a side due to the bad crash. I was able to start the engine with it (with the new crank case) but having this sudden engine died issue.





If you are familiar with OS 50 nitro engine, please advice if I can still continue to use the piston.

Other findings:
1. Looks like I have been running without head gasket since the rebuild. This could cause the problem as well.
2. Back bearing really rattling, it has to go
3. Front bearing is still good.
4. My pocket will be much thinner after this !

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP