Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Quick Flight

Saturday 10.30am

Reached PHAF Field 2. Looks like I am alone. Flying alone is not recommended at all, need a buddy to watch out if anything happen. Somehow for some reasons other fellow fliers have decided to fly today.

However I decided to go ahead with a quick flight. I need to keep practicing to become more familiar in controlling the helicopter, and to make sure that the engine is still ok. It has been almost a week I have not started the engine, that was last Sunday, 15-Feb.

The few days/nights before, I took the opportunity to check the center of gravity. The main shaft and the center gravity looks ok, I did not made any adjustment for this.
From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009


Also, I had dismantled the tail rotor gear to ensure the component do not have any problem. Before, I realized that there was some unexpected play at the tail rotor shaft. After putting some lubricant I put back the tail rotor gear assembly and tighten the screws which reduced the unwanted play.

From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009


On top of that, I also had reconfirm the pitch setup for the blade, it is +11 to -9 range, which is very good. I had it only at +9 to -9 before. This time I should have more lift.


FID:
H3.E2.G2.T5.1 2009-02-21:1030 - PHAF Field 2

I fill up the tank, and started the engine. At first it is quite hard to be cranked, after a few tries it started ok.

Brought the Raven to the middle of the field. Lift-off and switched to idle-up mode. Did in-flight check during hover.

Everything is ok, I continue with figure 8. This time I am much more confident, I am able to let the Raven facing and fly towards me confidently in part for the figure 8 manuver.

Then after ensure that still have enogh fuel in the tank, I continue with stall turn. I have able to do proper stall turn, starting with almost vertical climb. Able to complete few stall turn then I landed the aircraft safely, with a soft touch down. What a satisfaction!

Turn back to the shades, I realize there a person wathced me flying the Raven just now. I after some conversation I learnt that he is also an owner of Century brand helicopter however have not flown it for about 2 years! I am quite exited to have another Century flier nearby. Hope that he will be able to join me flying the helicopters.

While talking to him another person came in. He requested me to show how the helicopter flies. Well why not. I fill up about quater (or less) of the tank for a quick flight.

FID: H3.E2.G2.T5.2 2009-02-21:1130 - PHAF Field 2

Started the engine, take off, did quick in-flight check and proceed with foward flight, figure 8 and stall turns.

Landed safely after about 4 minutes.

Sorry no photo for this flight session, forgot to bring my camera, it supposed to be a quick flight anyway :)

Yes, very satisfied. Alhamdulillah.


1 comments:

ahmadpi February 25, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

alhamdulillah .. sounds good. keep up the good work!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP