Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ground Maintenance Part 2

I have the Raven dismantled and ready for reassembly. However, I realized that I have left the helicopter tail and the main shaft at Cikgu Vanan's shop!

This was the first time for me putting up together the upper frame part myself, so I was very careful, doing and learning at the same time. Luckily I have the Century Raven Manual which I downloaded from the Century Helicopter web page, it was very helpful.

From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009


I dropped by at the shop on the Saturday night to pick up the tail and main shaft, reached home at about 10.30 pm (after some shopping with family).
From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009


The epoxy has settled for about 24 hours, that should be sufficient for it harden and hold the broken part.

At the same night, I managed to just fit in major parts into the frame, they are tail gear, main gear, counter gear and their bearings. These are the important part, any mistake here, I will need to open up the frame again!
From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009


Next morning (Sunday), I continue to put the screws, servo brackets and other parts.

Of course while doing this I also need to stop and manage other humanitarian/family/home stuff as well.

By 6.54pm I have the Raven put in together except for the main blade.
From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009


Continue to complete it. Finished pitch setting at about 7.25pm. I manage to get +11 to -10 degree in range for the main rotor blade pitch.

From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009



Ready for test flight...
From Remote Control Helicopter - 2009

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP